Generating a grid referenceUse this page to generate a grid reference for your observation.
To generate a grid reference:
- Click on the map in the general area of your record
- The map will automatically zoom to the general area selected
- The map will now automatically zoom to a roughly 1km resolution and center itself on your selected point
- A grid reference will be generated for the chosen point and shown in the box to the left of the map
- Cut and paste the grid reference into the recording form
Please note: take great care in identifying the precise location of the observation on the map, as accuracy greatly enhances the value of the record.